Monday, September 23, 2013

For every feeling, there's a song for that

The clouds outside my window this morning kept my room just dark enough to sleep in. I would wake, sit up in bed, rub my eyes, look out the window, think about getting up, then fall back asleep. Hoping to entice my brain out of a lucid dream to inspire me to write, I did this for three hours. Nothing came.

What did happen though is something that happens more frequently than I give credit. My brain has a way of picking out songs that perfectly match whatever state of mind I am in. For instance, this morning when I was forcing sleep, it became more and more difficult to block out "You Remind Me of Home", by Benjamin Gibbard. In the song, he repeats, "you are wasting your life" for the chorus.



Other instances include when I am packing for a trip. I will tell myself to only bring the neecesstities which of course leads to the song from the Jungle Book.

The last example being another way my brain helps coerce me out of bed is Chop Suey by System Of A Down. The part from the chorus that begins with "Wake up! grab a brush and...mumblings of words I can't ever understand."

Incoming! Shameless plug for my business. I know my postings may not be of the "professional" type but they are my personal feelings, separate from my professional life. I own my own business called kingpressreleasewriting.com. I am a professional press release writer. If you own a small business and need help getting the word out about products or upcoming promotions, visit my website. I have many clients but am always looking to add more.

1 comment:

  1. its not mumbling Nate Dogg....."wake up, grab a brush, and put on a little makeup, hide the scars to fade away the shake up, why'd u leave ur keys upon the table, here go create another fable".....anyways.....there is a song for every moment in our lives...like when I am in the EDR and I am salting my food I obviously think about the Ying Yang Twins song "Shake it like a salt shaker" ha ha j/k. I know ur smiling!! :)

    ReplyDelete